[Ros-release] any success using rosws with groovy?`

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 21:43:57 UTC 2012

I managed to install groovy Debian packages on Oneiric.

But, I am having trouble getting rosws to work with it. When I ran this:

 $ rosws init ~/ros/groovy /opt/ros/groovy/.rosinstall

It only defined this line:

 - setup-file: {local-name: /opt/ros/groovy/setup.sh}

I added these to the generated .rosinstall by hand (by analogy with fuerte):

 - other: {local-name: /opt/ros/groovy/share/ros}
 - other: {local-name: /opt/ros/groovy/share}
 - other: {local-name: /opt/ros/groovy/stacks}

Even then, the generated setup.bash does not seem to source the
installed /opt/ros/groovy/setup.bash. I have to do that by hand in
each new shell.

Before I spend more time chasing this, I wonder: has anyone succeeded
using rosws with groovy already?
--
 joq