[Ros-release] Troubles releasing a wet package to Hydro

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 21:43:46 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Tully Foote <tfoote at osrfoundation.org> wrote:
> Hi Jack,
>
> It looks like you fixed the issue in:
> https://github.com/ros-drivers/camera1394/commit/8568997546fa76e207d04798cb09e0e213609891
> However the job you linked us to was still building 1.9.0 not 1.9.1.  If you
> update the version I'd expect it to work.  You should just have to submit a
> pull request to ros/rosdistro for the new verslon.

Thanks, that's encouraging. I really hope that fix will work. When it
appeared to fail, I was running out of ideas. But, I had missed one of
the steps in the release process without realizing it.

I hope camera1394-1.9.1 does fix that problem. I've been unable to
reproduce the failure any other way, and there was very little
debugging information in the console output. Assuming the incorrect
reference to roslib is indeed the bug, I can understand why it works
on my development system because roslib is already installed there.

But, isn't this the sort of error pre-release tests are intended to
find? Why did that also succeed? Is roslib getting installed there by
mistake or as a side-effect of some other package? How much does the
pre-release build differ from the binarydeb build?

--
 joq