[Ros-release] Steps to cancel already-released packages

Isaac Isao Saito 130s at lateeye.net
Mon Aug 12 00:29:03 UTC 2013

Howdy ROS-Release,

# someone suggests to ask a question like this here instead of answers [0].

For a set of packages / a meta package that we already released into
buildfarm (openrtm_common), we've figured out that we want to split it
into multiple smaller sets / meta packages and fresh release each of
them (for better modularity and moreover for easier handling of
buildfarm error currently happening).

What step should we take before releasing the new sets of packages?

I'm afraid releasing new sets would cause conflicts if there already
exist packages of the same names. Some packages have already been
built and available on .deb binary repository. And just cancelling the
commits for release.yaml on rosdistro [1] seems not sufficient either.

[0] http://answers.ros.org/question/72103/steps-to-cancel-already-released-packages/?comment=72139#comment-72139
[1] https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/blob/master/hydro/release.yaml

Thank you,

Isaac