[Ros-release] Can we depend on 'ros' in stack.xml ?

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Thu Jan 31 18:12:43 UTC 2013

It's perfectly find and expected for stacks to depend on ros.  All stacks
should depend on ros which are using anything from inside the ros stack,
which is everything using rosbuild.

This looks like a bug in the devel build scripts.  Ticketed here:
https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/jenkins_scripts/issues/5

Tully

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 7:05 AM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 6:45 AM, Peter Soetens <peter at thesourceworks.com>wrote:
>
>> It appears that if we depend on 'ros' in our stack.xml, the 'devel'
>> build is not done due to this message:
>>
>> <quote>
>> devel_fuerte_orocos_toolchain_precise_amd64 - Build # 16 - Fixed:
>>
>> Check console output at
>>
>> http://build.willowgarage.com//job/devel_fuerte_orocos_toolchain_precise_amd64/16/
>> to view the results.
>>
>> Result: Not all dependencies of stack orocos_toolchain have a Debian
>> package. Skipping this devel build
>>
>> </quote>
>>
>> It tries to install ros-fuerte-ros, sees it's already there and then
>> skips the build instead of proceeding...
>>
>> Can I just remove the dependency ? Will this not break other builds
>> that do rely on it ?
>>

> I have been wondering about this, too. I see various messages complaining
> about things depending on "ros".
>
> Is it deprecated? When was it removed? What replaced it?
>  --
>  joq

Tully Foote
tfoote at willowgarage.com