[Ros-release] Releasing an existing third-party package with patches?

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Fri Jul 5 06:54:31 UTC 2013

You can test the build by running git-buildpackage yourself after blooming
before pushing and submitting the pull request.  Like this for the
razer_hydra package:

git checkout debian/ros-groovy-razer-hydra_0.0.3-0_precise
git-buildpackage -uc -us  --git-ignore-new

This will build the debian against your current system.  You need to make
sure that you already have all the system dependencies for the package
installed on your system.  And you need to checkout the correct tag for
your system architecture.

Tuly