[Ros-release] package builds despite missing upstream dependencies

Dirk Thomas dthomas at osrfoundation.org
Mon Jul 15 18:50:33 UTC 2013

On 12.07.2013 14:45, Piyush wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I just realized that one of my packages built despite missing upstream dependencies. v0.1.0 did not depend on these missing deps, and they were introduced in v0.1.1. The upstream deps include
> navigation, which AFAIK has not seen a successful build.
>
> http://jenkins.willowghttp://jenkins.willowgarage.com:8080/view/HbinP32/job/ros-hydro-segbot-navigation_binarydeb_precise_i386/arage.com:8080/view/HbinP32/job/ros-hydro-segbot-navigation_binarydeb_precise_i386/
> <http://jenkins.willowgarage.com:8080/view/HbinP32/job/ros-hydro-segbot-navigation_binarydeb_precise_i386/>
>
> Is this something to worry about?

Absolutely, the Groovy scripts should catch that to avoid useless load (and unnecessary email notifications) on the farm.

I am not 100% sure how the Groovy script missed that case.
But I added more output and catching for some corner cases: https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/buildfarm/issues/132
Please report if you see this happening again (after the farm has been reconfigure which is in about one hour from now).

- Dirk