[Ros-release] Best practices for hosting bloom GBP release repositories?

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 15:37:23 UTC 2013

I've finally managed to convert some packages to catkin and release
them via bloom. The catkin conversions took far too long, but they
seem to work, now. The bloom scripts work fine.

So far, I host my GBP release repositories in the same github
organization that contains the corresponding source repo. I figure the
same group of people do development, maintenance and releases. But, I
suppose that's not necessarily true in general.

As soon as its dependencies are available in Hydro, I will release a
catkinized camera1394, which belongs to the ros-drivers organization.
I don't see any other GBP repos in ros-drivers. Many ROS core packages
are released via the ros-gbp organization.

 * What are the advantages of that approach?

 * What is the recommended hosting scheme for packages like mine?
--
 joq