[Ros-release] Build failure due to Package `ros-groovy-openni-kinect' is not installed

Christian Dornhege dornhege at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri May 17 11:10:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to get freiburg_tools released in groovy. It's a rosbuild stack.

The prerelease test ran fine, although only amd64-precise was run (afaik
this is currently set like that).

I'm getting a build failure on all versions.

This seems to be the culprit:

freiburg_tools-0.2.0/uvc_cam2/manifest.xml
./update_version.py debian/changelog.tmp > debian/changelog
bash -c ". setup_deb.sh && ./gen_versioned_debs.py groovy
freiburg_tools" >>
/tmp/buildd/ros-groovy-freiburg-tools-0.2.0/debian/ros-groovy-freiburg-tools.substvars
Package `ros-groovy-openni-kinect' is not installed and no info is
available.
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./gen_versioned_debs.py", line 54, in <module>
     main(sys.argv, sys.stdout, os.environ)
   File "./gen_versioned_debs.py", line 41, in main
     raise "Could not find dependency version number"
TypeError: exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from
BaseException, not str
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1

Full log:
http://jenkins.willowgarage.com:8080/job/ros-groovy-freiburg-tools_binarydeb_precise_amd64/1/

ros-groovy-openni-kinect does not exist, but it is also not used by me.
I grepped the complete stack and cannot find a reference. It was used in
the fuerte version, but that shouldn't influence this build, right?
The first appearance within the build-log is also just the error.

I can't figure out why it wants this package and I'm not sure if this is
something configured wrong on my side or not. How can I find out what is
causing this?

Best,
   Christian

PS: There were two minor bugs in the system. I'm not sure where to
report them.

- The TypeError above shouldn't happen.
- The webinterface for prereleases states success and at the same time
displays a hudson error.

--
Albert-Ludwigs-University
Institute of Computer Science