[Ros-release] sudo not found?

William Woodall william at osrfoundation.org
Fri May 17 18:52:27 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Toris, Russell Charles <rctoris at wpi.edu>wrote:

> Awesome, thanks William! This is exactly what I needed. I'll add a
> postinst script to run setcap.
>
> Two questions for you:
>

>   1.  Where should I list libcap-bin in my package.xml dependencies so
> that it will be installed on the user's machine instead of the build farms?

You should run_depend on it.

>   2.  Can you elaborate on what you mean by "don't forget to run bloom
> again after the change"? What I understand is I run a release,
>  bloom-release --ros-distro groovy youbot_driver groovy and then before
> pushing, I add my postinst file to the debian folder of the
> debian/groovy/youbot_driver branch, and then push it up to the release
> repo. Is this correct?

This is what I would do:

   1. clone your release repo manually and go into that directory
   2. run `git-bloom-release groovy` (only if you haven't run it for this
   version)
   3. change to the branch you want to patch `git checkout
   debian/groovy/youbot_driver`
   4. Make your changes and commit `git add . && git commit -am "some
   message"`
   5. Export the patches `git-bloom-patch export` (shouldn't be required,
   just to be safe)
   6. I like to go back to master `git checkout master` (shouldn't be
   required)
   7. run the bloom release again `git-bloom-release groovy` (this makes
   your changes propagate to the leaf tags which the build farm uses)
   8. Go to the resulting tag `git checkout
   debian/ros-groovy-youbot-driver_0.1.3-1_precise` (something like that)
   9. Build the deb `git-buildpackage -uc -us`
   10. Test it `cd .. && dpkg -i *.deb`

Some of those commands might need tweaking as I just listed them off the
top of my head.

--
William Woodall
ROS Development Team