[ros-release] Most of previous pre-release tests have failed

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 07:28:11 UTC 2013

On 1 October 2013 04:55, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Tully Foote <tfoote at osrfoundation.org>wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Isaac Isao Saito <130s at lateeye.net>wrote:
>>
>>> Now I also see some pre-releases pass w/o failures. Thanks Tully!
>>>
>>> Let me ask one follow-up question regarding what Jack said;

>>> bloom-release.
>>>
>>> Is there a ways to run the pre-release test on ROS' jenkins against
>>> source repo (I know local pre-release is possible as in the wiki#1)?
>>>
>>> #1 http://wiki.ros.org/bloom/Tutorials/PrereleaseTest#Locally
>>

> That link uses the release repo. The devel test can come before all that.
>

>> That's what a devel prerelease is.  The devel test is against the source
>> as defined in source.yaml using key matching against release.yaml. The
>> latest and version numbered prereleases go against the release repo tags.

We've been struggling with this for a bit now. Could sit down and spend a
couple of hours testing the process, but would be far easier to pick some
brains here.

Is the devel test is against the tag identified by the version key in
release.yaml? If that is true, the workflow for pre-releases would still
seem awkward to me.

Daniel.

> Right. So, just go to:
>
>  http://prerelease.ros.org/create_job/hydro
>
> and select the "devel" option.
>
> Your package must be defined in rosdistro/hydro/source.yaml for that
> option to be available.
>  <http://prerelease.ros.org/create_job/hydro>--
>  joq

Phone : +82-10-5400-3296 (010-5400-3296)
Home: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/
Yujin R&D: http://rnd.yujinrobot.com/