[ros-release] Most of previous pre-release tests have failed

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 02:39:03 UTC 2013

On 3 October 2013 02:40, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Daniel Stonier <d.stonier at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>>        o This is probably the cause of the confusion we've had trying to
>>>>

>>> Nothing happens automatically for that.
>>> Whatever a maintainer puts into that file will be used: a branch name, a
>>> tag name or nothing which implies the default branch.
>>>

>> Ok, crystal now. I was wondering if source.yaml shouldn't be touched (I
>> can't remember doing any pull requests to source.yaml, just to
>> release.yaml, so something must be auto-generating the initial footprint
>> there).
>>

> Daniel: I think not.
>
> If you didn't add source.yaml entries, they are probably missing. I see no
> "roscon" source.yaml entries for either Groovy or Hydro.

Probably should have been searching for 'rocon', not 'roscon'. Nonetheless,
I believe your comment is correct. I wonder if the older ones were carried
over from legacy packaging systems. I just noticed none of my newer rosjava
ones turned up there.

Since bloom's configuration asks for source url's, could it validate and
send pull requests here if they are missing? Not high priority, but it
would automate a step.

Daniel.

PS I edited the wiki page to hint how to get devel pre-releases from source
started. It's a touch mysterious that 'devel' doesn't appear on the
pre-release web site, even after you've done a release.