[ros-release] Quick local debs

Mike Purvis mpurvis at clearpathrobotics.com
Fri Oct 18 04:49:14 UTC 2013

Hey folks,

I thought this could be of interest/use to others:

https://gist.github.com/mikepurvis/7036293

In short, it creates a mock GBP repo locally, populates it with a
pre-cooked all-defaults track, then runs bloom on it for the current
package. Useful as a local prerelease build, but also as an additional
distribution option for users who want something more formal than a
tarball, but prefer not to use the community infrastructure for one reason
or another.

Prerequisites:

- sudo apt-get install python-bloom git-buildpackage
- the repo in question must have been properly prepared
(catkin_generate_changelog, catkin_prepare_release)

Setup:

cd ~/bin
wget https://gist.github.com/mikepurvis/7036293/raw/bloom-local-deb
chmod +x bloom-local-deb

Usage:

Invoke bloom-local-deb in your repo.

I believe William has plans for a proper local prerelease script with
chroots and everything, but until that's available, this method is a quick
and easy-to-remember alternative.

Mike