[ros-release] Indigo and multiarch support

Thomas Moulard thomas.moulard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 01:21:54 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 1:55 AM, Dirk Thomas <dthomas at osrfoundation.org> wrote:
> Currently you can not use GNUInstallDirs for catkin packages since the arch
> specific locations are not supported in a catkin workspace.
> The files would just not be found by downstream package due to there non
> standard location.

After giving it some thought, I think it would really help us if Bloom
could just put
the ""right values"" at configure time:

I.e.
dh_autoconfigure -- -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/opt/ros/.../lib

Would it be acceptable to make this change in Bloom?

It would avoid us maintaining patches for every package using
GNUInstallDirs.cmake.
--
Thomas