[ros-release] Indigo and multiarch support

Thomas Moulard thomas.moulard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 02:28:51 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 10:30 AM, William Woodall
<william at osrfoundation.org> wrote:
> Does that mean it would just be overriding GNUInstallDirs.cmake by
> explicitly setting the libdir? I don't have a problem with that in
> principle, but it is going to be difficult to know if it will cause any
> unintended problems with other packages or not.

Yes, exactly.

IMHO this is good practice: the upstream package makes all the
directories configurable
and once you know the platform, you hardcode everything to avoid
relying on guessing.

Given how popular this macro is and how explicit the name is I doubt
there will be
any name clash. It would also be less intrusive than having all the
package looking for
CATKIN_BUILD_BINARY_PACKAGE and hence introducing Catkin-specific mechanisms
upstream.

--
Thomas