[ros-release] Indigo and multiarch support

Thomas Moulard thomas.moulard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 05:21:04 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 1:48 PM, William Woodall
<william at osrfoundation.org> wrote:
> I would say no, I think it should set the flag in the rosdebian case and do
> nothing in the other case, because if we have to set the value for the plain
> debian case then why do we have GNUInstallDirs.cmake being used at all?

Thanks for the feeback. See here then (again, untested for now):
https://github.com/thomas-moulard/bloom/commit/00e977421dc86bfffc09ec51a2ae19d49a80212d

Would this one be ok?

Regarding GNUInstallDirs.cmake, the goal of this script is to make
CMake install step
more configurable. The part where it tries to guess libdir (and fail)
is for me a big mistake in the
design of this macro. For instance, there is no way I want multiarch
support for the software
I install in my home, even if I am running Debian :)

> Also, this assumes that when you are running bloom you are on a debian
> machine.

Ok I didn't know cross-releasing was allowed/supported by Bloom.

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Standards-Version
--
Thomas