[ros-release] Build Failure Only on Groovy Quatal

Isaac Isao Saito iisaito at opensource-robotics.tokyo.jp
Sat Apr 12 13:14:52 UTC 2014

Hello releasers,

I need a help. A package I'm maintaining (hrpsys_ros_bridge) has been
failing to build since 2 weeks ago ONLY ON Groovy-Quantal (other
combination seems to be fine in G, H).

# And I think the failure of this is blocking the next Groovy sync batch).

http://jenkins.ros.org/view/GbinQ64/job/ros-groovy-hrpsys-ros-bridge_binarydeb_quantal_amd64/119/consoleFull

    -- catkin 0.5.86
    -- Using these message generators: gencpp;genlisp;genpy
    error: Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?) while
accessing https://github.com/PR2/pr2_controllers.git/info/refs
    fatal: HTTP request failed

Tracking down the link in the error message, ultimately I get the
following link that was posted in 2011 and says version of git is the
problem.
https://github.com/blog/809-git-dumb-http-transport-to-be-turned-off-in-90-days

However, git is new enough in the error log from the buildfarm.

    Setting up git (1:1.7.10.4-1ubuntu1) ...

Any idea is appreciated.
Isaac

--
!Happy opensource robotics!

Isaac Isao Saito (齋藤功)
Co-founder, Software Engineer
TORK (Tokyo Opensource Robotics Kyokai Association, 東京オープンソースロボティクス協会)
http://opensource-robotics.tokyo.jp