[ros-release] Problem with the SSL CA cert?

Toris, Russell Charles rctoris at WPI.EDU
Fri Apr 18 11:09:13 UTC 2014

Good Morning Releasers-

I have a strange build bug that occurs only on a subset of the build servers. Our package, ros_web_video, was built last year on a very specific version of FFmpeg. When getting ready to push the build into new ROS distros (hydro and groovy), we decided to try and use git submodules to gather the code instead of keeping a copy of the code locally. What we found was that bloom itself does not like git submodules (http://answers.ros.org/question/76732/build-failure-after-moving-submodule/) and were unable to find any updates that indicated this was solved.

Instead of releasing very specific versions of FFmpeg into their own debians which seemed like overkill and redundant, we decided to mimic git submodules in the build script. Essentially, we call a git clone and checkout the tag for the version we want and continue the build. This works perfectly on all of the groovy builds, however, some of the hydro, and most of the indigo builds fail with the following error:

 Cloning into 'FFmpeg'...

fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg.git/': Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)

What is strange is that only some of the build servers are giving this error (constantly) -- e.g., http://jenkins.ros.org/job/ros-indigo-ros-web-video_binarydeb_trusty_i386/3/console

Any thoughts?

Russell

--
Russell Toris
Graduate Student | WPI Department of Computer Science