[ros-release] Add account to ros-dry-releases

Thomas Moulard thomas.moulard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 06:54:04 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Austin Hendrix
<ahendrix at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> Please don’t do this. Please?
>
> Converting a package from rosbuild to catkin mid-release has generally
> resulted in API instability and surprises for users of your package.
>
> If you do do this, please test the pre-release builds very carefully before
> they hit the public repositories, to make sure that you haven’t accidentally
> changed the exposed headers, APIs, etc.
>
> At a minimum, I expect anything compiled with an rpath pointing to your
> libraries will break when the underlying library moves during the upgrade.

I know how you feel. Unfortunately, a new, ABI incompatible, Debian package
is still better than having the previous one being removed. We have a regression
preventing us from rebuilding the old release and don't have the
resource to do better.
So this is it. If there is a strong opposition against this release,
then we will not release
again and vision_visp will get removed from Groovy.

Best,
--
Thomas Moulard