[ros-release] Fwd: Releasing BFL to Indigo

Piyush piyushk at gmail.com
Thu May 1 17:00:21 UTC 2014

Thanks for the instructions! These instructions seem a bit different
from what William used to migrate a third party package from groovy to
hydro (documented here:
http://wiki.ros.org/bloom/Tutorials/ReleaseThirdParty#Porting_patches_from_one_rosdistro_to_another)

@Jack If you're up for it, I would prefer to try out these
instructions once for libfreenect. If we fail, we'll report back for
an alternative solution.

For the most part, the instructions seem the same same, barring these
differences:
1) For bfl (and in the ros wiki instructions in general), the bloom
branch was deprecated for master? Was there any particular reason for
this?
2) I don't actually remember adding any patches to patches/debian/...
for libfreenect, but those branches are not empty (and don't make much
sense to me). Since they do not have any *.patch files, I suspect that we
do not need to follow instructions for those branches. Is that correct?
3) The git-bloom-patch import command is not present in your new set
of instructions. Is it no longer required? Is bloom-release applying
those patches to the release branches?

For reference, the libfreenect release repository is here:
https://github.com/ros-drivers-gbp/libfreenect-release

Thanks!
Piyush