[ros-release] openni_tracker failing for Raring due to unavailable Nite library

Marcus Liebhardt marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com
Fri May 9 01:50:27 UTC 2014

Hello everyone!
The openni_tracker is still failing on raring (and only raring) and the
cause is still the missing `libopenni-nite-dev` debian package:
http://jenkins.ros.org/job/ros-hydro-openni-tracker_binarydeb_raring_i386/397/console

If no one has an idea about how to fix this, I'd like to request the
removal of the openni_tracker package from Hydro on Raring. I have been
deleting those Jenkins notifications for half a year now. :-)

Btw, I believe the Nite debian package isn't available for Trusty either.
If this is and will be the case, then we should start looking for an
alternative for the popular openni tracker, maybe Skeltrack:
https://github.com/joaquimrocha/Skeltrack?

Best,
Marcus

--