[ros-release] Build failure because upstream package is broken

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Mon May 12 19:09:51 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Tully Foote <tfoote at osrfoundation.org>wrote:
>
>> We don't have the ability to blacklist specific ubuntu distros for
>> specific packages.
>>
>> The ability exists in the spec to blacklist:
>> http://www.ros.org/reps/rep-0137.html#release-build-file however you
>> would have to create separate release build files for each platform to
>> blacklist individually. And that part of the REP is not yet implemented.
>>
>> In general we do not want divergent behavior between rosdistros on
>> different Ubuntu distros so supporting this is a low priority.
>>

> OK. I can see that, but why is it allowed for openni_tracker?

It's not desired, and the maintainer gets emailed about it at least once a
day by the buildfarm for every platform that fails.

In this case it's something that has been in past distros and used heavily
but has been externally EOLd and is a binary release so there's not much
the maintainer can do about it. We won't be releasing it into indigo.

> We'll just have to remember to always install ros-hydro-openni-tracker by
> hand.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.