[ros-release] Is there a reason why dependencies get broken so often with ROS packages?

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Fri May 23 19:30:09 UTC 2014

Hi Jon,

Can you clarify a little bit more about what you mean about conflicting
dependencies? The only known issues have been related to upstream debian
packages we depend upon which have changed.

Also if you are on shadow-fixed this is possible as we sometimes roll back
releases in that repo.

And as Mike mentioned dist-upgrade is required if there are new
dependencies added.

I don't know of anything in the ROS release system itself has nothing
inherently causing conflicts except that it's very active with a large user
base making many releases.

If you have some examples we can take a closer look at what caused them.

Tully

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Mike Purvis <mpurvis at clearpathrobotics.com