[ros-release] ROS Groovy EOL Planning

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Thu Oct 9 07:47:54 UTC 2014

Hi Vincent,

The groovy EOL went into effect at the end of last month. You'll see that
all the groovy jobs are disabled. It's on my to-do list to formally
announce it to ros users.

We probably won't disable saucy for a while as that knob has not been
tested and I don't expect it to work without some testing and development.

Related to that development, were working toward making the buildfarm
deployable. So to that end we'll be looking to test it with the upcoming
Jade beta when Ubuntu 15.04 goes into beta.

Indigo is focused on long term stability. We're not planning to support
Utopic officially on the build farm.

http://www.ros.org/reps/rep-0003.html

Though if you make patches I expect most maintainers will accept them. But
for using Utopic you'll need to build indigo from source or wait for jade.

Tully