[ros-release] Build Failure due to rosdep

Shaun Edwards shaun.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:36:16 UTC 2015

All,

I have had two builds/releases failure for the same issue associated with
rosdep (see snippet below).  rosdep has some errors, but in the past this
has not caused a failure.  I see this same error on the pre-release server
and when trying to do a release (locally) under bloom.  Both systems are
Indigo.

Has anybody else seen this problem?

See <http://jenkins.ros.org/job/prerelease-indigo-descartes/
ARCH_PARAM=amd64,UBUNTU_PARAM=trusty,label=prerelease/1/>

Executing command 'rosdep init'
Wrote /etc/ros/rosdep/sources.list.d/20-default.list
Recommended: please run

        rosdep update

Executing command 'rosdep update'
Warning: running 'rosdep update' as root is not recommended.
  You should run 'sudo rosdep fix-permissions' and invoke 'rosdep update'
again without sudo.
ERROR: error loading sources list:
        HTTP Error 404: Not Found (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ros/
rosdistro/master/groovy/distribution.yaml)
reading in sources list data from /etc/ros/rosdep/sources.list.d
Hit https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ros/rosdistro/master/
rosdep/osx-homebrew.yaml
Hit https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ros/rosdistro/master/rosdep/base.yaml
Hit https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ros/rosdistro/master/
rosdep/python.yaml
Hit https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ros/rosdistro/master/rosdep/ruby.yaml
Hit https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ros/rosdistro/master/
releases/fuerte.yaml
Query rosdistro index https://raw.githubusercontent.
com/ros/rosdistro/master/index.yaml
Add distro "groovy"
/!\  Failed to execute command '['rosdep', 'update']' with return code 1
Failed to execute command '['rosdep', 'update']' with return code 1
I: Copying back the cached apt archive contents
I: unmounting /var/cache/pbuilder/ccache filesystem
I: unmounting <http://jenkins.ros.org/job/prerelease-indigo-descartes/
ARCH_PARAM=amd64,UBUNTU_PARAM=trusty,label=prerelease/ws/> filesystem
I: unmounting /home/rosbuild filesystem
I: unmounting dev/pts filesystem
I: unmounting proc filesystem
I: cleaning the build env
I: removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//31574 and its
subdirectories
Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
Recording test results