[ros-release] Maintenance status of dynamixel_motor package

William Woodall william at osrfoundation.org
Tue Feb 24 00:43:00 UTC 2015

Can you add to the linked issue (#23) that you intend to fork in the near
future if we don't get a response? Maybe also link this email thread? It
would be best if we could get some response from him, but if not I can fork
it (and the release repository) into ros-drivers and ros-drivers-gbp for
you.

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Isaac Isao Saito <130s at lateeye.net> wrote:

> Hi ros-release,
>
> I'm following the manner "Claiming Maintainership" section [1].
>
> The author-maintainer of this awesome package hasn't been able to be
> reached over several months[2] and its last release was an year and half
> ago. Commits and pull requests are awaiting since then.
>
> Since I've been and will be using this package constantly I can
> co-maintain to at least process pull requests and issues.
> If the current maintainer remains inaccessible, maybe we want to fork the
> repository to somewhere we have an access, eg. ros-drivers?
>
> Thanks,
> Isaac
>
> [1] http://wiki.ros.org/MaintenanceGuide#Claiming_Maintainership
> [2] https://github.com/arebgun/dynamixel_motor/issues/23