[ros-release] Releasing with dependency package missing on one distro

Asmodehn Shade asmodehn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:37:17 UTC 2015

Hello,

So I am learning how to release ros packages with bloom.

I tried to release a package ( flask_ext_catkin ) that depends on
python-alembic.
Saucy doesn't have a package for python alembic, so I skipped it in the
rosdep declaration.

But this seems to break my release&builds for all debian based distros.

Q : How can I get my release&builds to work for the debian based distros
that have the package defined ( >trusty ) ?

Thanks a lot !

$  bloom-release --rosdistro indigo --track indigo flask-ext-catkin --edit
[...]
==> git-bloom-generate -y rosdebian --prefix release/indigo indigo -i 1
Generating source debs for the packages: ['flask_ext_catkin']
Debian Incremental Version: 1
Debian Distributions: ['saucy', 'trusty']
Releasing for rosdistro: indigo

Pre-verifying Debian dependency keys...
Running 'rosdep update'...
Could not resolve rosdep key 'python-alembic' for distro 'saucy':
No definition of [python-alembic] for OS version [saucy]
    rosdep key : python-alembic
    OS name    : ubuntu
    OS version : saucy