[ros-release] Saucy dependency packages

Asmodehn Shade asmodehn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 07:59:22 UTC 2015

Hello,

Related with my previous problem trying to build a package with a missing
dependency in saucy, I wanted to try another approach :
- build a custom debian package for that missing dependency (alembic) on
saucy
- put it on a server/mirror somewhere as custom debs, so the build can find
it ( I guess there is a way to do this already ? )

But then I stumbled on another problem :
The ubuntu server don't have any saucy packages any longer, which means I
cannot test my package dependencies (sqlalchemy for example)...
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/

so I was wondering, where does the ros build system find the packages for
the deprecated ubuntu releases ? Is there a ros ubuntu package mirror
somewhere that doesn't delete old releases' packages ?

Is it worth it to build a package for a deprecated release, just to make
the build work for indigo ?
Or should the ros build system instead not force me to support unsupported
ubuntu releases, somehow ?

Thanks for any input on this.
Please let me know the best way for me to release a package using alembic
on indigo.

--
AlexV