[ros-release] Saucy amd64 builds failing?

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Wed Oct 14 19:13:04 UTC 2015

Hi Gijs,

Yes, Canonical pulled the Saucy packages from the standard archives. It was
EOL'd a few months ago. They're still available via an alternative server
but until you change any machine's apt sources list they will fail.

We updated our images to pull from the old-releases repo for saucy here:
https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/buildfarm/pull/218  That update
should have propogated last night and builds after that update propogated
should work on Saucy again.

The farm will automatically retry any package with all upstream jobs
passing each night. There's no need to rerun bloom. I see the job you
linked to is in the queue to be rebuilt already.

Note there's a lot of backup at the moment due to a recent core release.
We're rebuilding several thousand packages at the moment. The queue is down
to ~3k from 6.5k jobs last night. We're running 20 build machines but I
expect it to need another 24 hours or so.

Tully