[ros-release] Indigo PreReleases on Trusty

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 15:44:30 UTC 2015

Hi lads,

Not able to do prereleases for indigo with Trusty. The current
instrunctions on the prerelease page indicate to pull in
python-ros-buildfarm (currently 0.2.0-1).

However, running the prerelease script results in

repository name component must match \"[a-z0-9]+(?:[._-][a-z0-9]+)*\"

which is discussed in this mailing list thread
<http://lists.ros.org/lurker/message/20150822.014945.11754273.en.html> by
Jack, Tully and Mani and the referenced issue has seen a fix applied to
python-ros-buildfarm here
<https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/ros_buildfarm/pull/94>. However,
this has yet to be released as a deb for Trusty.

I downloaded the ros-buildfarm sources and tried installing that, however
it seems that requires the python3 catkin dependencies which conflicts with
the rest of the indigo system I have installed.

Short of hacking the existing installed files I have with Mani's fix, is
there a way I can actually get prereleases running?

Cheers,
Daniel.