[ros-release] Indigo PreReleases on Trusty

William Woodall william at osrfoundation.org
Mon Oct 26 17:42:08 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Jack O'Quin via ros-release <
ros-release at lists.ros.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Daniel Stonier via ros-release <
> ros-release at lists.ros.org> wrote:
>

>> It has been a while since I've built open source debs, but this is above
>> and beyond the effort required to prerelease for me though. It used to be
>> such a fundamental part of the process - what is the current thinking?
>> Given that its been out for at least three months, are most people just
>> guessing, rebuilding on the farm, guessing again? Is there a planned remedy
>> on the horizon?
>>

> Basically, yes.
>
> Presently, the pre-release tests take more effort than just hoping for the
> best and then fixing things that break.

Why? I've been using them for rviz and it seems to work fairly well. What's
holding up making them useful? It is just the need to install it into a
virtualenv first?

>> My 2 cents - I'd really love to see this working again ;) ;) ;) ;)

Again, what's not working? Is there an issue on Github tracking the problem?

>> Saves alot of time for me not having to ping pong back and forth trying
>> to get my dependencies right and I'm sure it makes the job easier on the
>> other end avoiding having so many red blips on the radar so often.
>>

> +1 I would find it helpful, too. I much prefer running the tests.
>
> The pre-docker web interface was very convenient. I think this could be,
> too, although it's annoying that the Trusty version of docker is too old to
> use.

There's nothing to be done about that unfortunately.

> --
>  joq

William Woodall
ROS Development Team