[ros-release] Indigo PreReleases on Trusty

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 12:16:07 UTC 2015

Aye, thanks from me too.

I'd like to +1 Jack's comments about preferring the web service that was
previously available.

1. Getting things right on one web server somewhere is always going to be
far easier than getting it right on thousands of users systems. Even if
docker does make this proposition easier, what we have seen above is it
still gets awkward when the dependencies shift (e.g. needing a custom
version of docker). I also ran into problems because of python3 interfering
with my environment.

2. Getting users to pre-release is a desirable thing. Less rosdistro PR's
to approve, less red blips on the build chart, less latency for Tully to
wrap up an official release into public. The less barriers there are for
them to do this, I feel the better and easier the maintainence will be.

Daniel.

On 27 October 2015 at 06:12, Mani Monajjemi via ros-release <
ros-release at lists.ros.org> wrote:

> Thanks Tully. pre-release script now works fine without any issue.
>
> - Mani
>
> Mani Monajjemi
>
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Tully Foote via ros-release <
> ros-release at lists.ros.org> wrote:
>
>> I've pushed ros_buildfarm 0.2.1 it should now be usable from the debian
>> packages.
>>
>> Tully
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 10:42 AM, William Woodall via ros-release <
>> ros-release at lists.ros.org> wrote:

>>> Why? I've been using them for rviz and it seems to work fairly well.
>>> What's holding up making them useful? It is just the need to install it
>>> into a virtualenv first?

>>> Again, what's not working? Is there an issue on Github tracking the
>>> problem?

>>> There's nothing to be done about that unfortunately.

>>> --
>>> William Woodall
>>> ROS Development Team
>>> william at osrfoundation.org
>>> http://wjwwood.io/

Phone : +82-10-5400-3296 (010-5400-3296)
Home: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/
Yujin Inno: http://inno.yujinrobot.com/
<http://rnd.yujinrobot.com/>