[ros-release] puzzling Indigo build fail, help needed

Dirk Thomas dthomas at osrfoundation.org
Wed Apr 20 17:18:26 UTC 2016

I ran the docker image b4e7907c1ad7 (which is the state directly after the
`apt-get update`) and `apt-cache showpkg apt-src` can't locate the package.
Since `apt-get` neither returned an error code nor printed any warning I
don't think the build farm can catch this.

Cheers,
- Dirk

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Tully Foote via ros-release <
ros-release at lists.ros.org> wrote:

> Indeed please do open a ticket on ros_buildfarm. This looks like the
> apt-get update somehow failed or the loading of the apt-cache in the python
> process failed for this instance such that 'apt-src' was not in the package
> database. (Giving the KeyError). It's a dependency that we inject [1] that
> helps us build the sourcedebs [2]
>
> Tully
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/ros_buildfarm/blob/master/scripts/release/create_binarydeb_task_generator.py#L60
> [2]
> https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/ros_buildfarm/blob/master/ros_buildfarm/binarydeb_job.py#L117
>

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Vincent Rabaud via ros-release <
> ros-release at lists.ros.org> wrote:
>
>> And it magically got fixed:
>> http://build.ros.org/job/Ibin_uT32__roslisp__ubuntu_trusty_i386__binary/
>> When getting that kind of weird system error, the rule of thumb is to
>> wait for the re-trigger to see if it happens twice :)
>> You should probably still open up an issue so that it does not happen
>> again: https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/ros_buildfarm/issues Thx !
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 9:31 AM, Georg Bartels via ros-release <
>> ros-release at lists.ros.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear fellow ROS maintainers,
>>>
>>> I have a failing Indigo build of roslisp which puzzles me. Here is the
>>> link to the failing build:
>>>
>>> <
>>> http://build.ros.org/job/Ibin_uT32__roslisp__ubuntu_trusty_i386__binary/4/
>>> >

>>> It seems that some script cannot find the package 'apt-src'. This
>>> surprises me because that package is not part of my dependencies, and seems
>>> like a basic ubuntu package to me. Also, a build of the very same release
>>> succeeded on Friday. Other builds of the same roslisp release work fine on
>>> Indigo, Jade, and Kinetic...
>>>
>>> Can anybody help me figure out how to fix this? I'd be happy for any
>>> help! Thanks in advance. :)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Georg.