[ros-release] Kinetic release update

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Fri Apr 22 23:36:09 UTC 2016

Hi Georg,

We have been encouraging everyone to make sure to release for them and
pushing maintainers to do their best to support them. But so far we've been
holding back from making them required.

Now that we've seen that Jessie is close enough that almost every package
is actually already compatible I think we could consider adding it as to
the required list.

For the architectures we haven't called them out at this level, since the
packaging is generally supposed to be architecture independent. The only
time we have failures is when people embed binaries inside their packages.
A common cause of that is a hardware vendor blob driver.

Tully