[ros-release] ROS Crawl (alpha)

David Lu!! davidvlu+ros at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 16:08:58 UTC 2016

Arguably, ROS Crawl should be a fork of rosindex. However, key
features that I don't believe rosindex has are
1) Tracking the build farm status of the packages. Note that octomap
currently has 1.6.8 in public and 1.6.9 in shadow fixed[1] for indigo.
rosindex shows that it is version 1.6.8 but doesn't reflect the build
status (as far as I can see)[2]. ROS Crawl shows that octomap in
indigo is currently "waiting for re-release". One of the main (and
trickiest) features is parsing the pattern of boxes on the build farm
status page[1] and translating it into something short and
human-readable.

2) Introducing high level structure to the lists of packages based on
what repository its in, what organization owns that repository, and
who the maintainers are.

[1] http://www.ros.org/debbuild/indigo.html?q=octomap&s=2
[2] http://rosindex.github.io/p/octomap/github-OctoMap-octomap/#indigo
[3] http://www.metrorobots.com/ros_crawl/OctoMap.html