[ros-release] [Discourse.ros.org] [Release/Indigo] Preparing Indigo Sync 2016-10-21

Tully Foote ros at discoursemail.com
Sat Oct 22 00:25:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

Quite a few packages ready to sync on Indigo. However there are currently ~6 regressions in the Care-O-Bot repositories. It looks like the root cause is a [new dependency](https://github.com/ipa320/cob_extern/issues/65) that doesn't build on non amd64. And a [missing dependency](https://github.com/ipa320/cob_simulation/issues/121).

There are several low level updates coming to Indigo with patches recently merged in catkin, ros_comm, and releases pending for class_loader, pluginlib, common_msgs, and eigen_stl_containers. https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/pulls

As such I'd like to get the current set of updates synced, before we do the large rebuild so we can have time before a sync for testing the low level updates. As such I'm going to suggest attempting to resolve the cob_* issues and make a release by Wednesday next week.

If anyone knows of anything relevant that's not above please reply.

---
[Visit Topic](http://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-indigo-sync-2016-10-21/698/1) or reply to this email to respond.