[ros-users] costmap_2d: observation buffer warnings

Enea Scioni enea.scioni at student.unife.it
Thu Apr 22 09:10:13 UTC 2010

Hi all ROS users and developers!
I'm running the navigation stack on my mobile platform, when I receive some
ROS Warning from move_base node (or better, from costmap_2d_ros).
Infact, my warnings are:
1)[ WARN] 1271924926.290219000: Costmap2DROS transform timeout. Current
time: 1271924926.2901, global_pose stamp: 1271924925.4903, tolerance:
0.3000;
published  by costmap_2d_ros.cpp, around line 763, after a fail check up
about global_pose timeout;
2)[ WARN] 1271924927.223672000: The scan observation buffer has not been
updated for 1.07 seconds, and it should be updated every 0.20 seconds,
published each second, where the last update time is always the same, so
every warning increase the "delay" time (it means that the scan observation
buffer is not updated everytime I suppose..); this warning is published by
observation_buffer.cpp around line 155;
3)(consequence) I receive the warning published by move_base.cpp, line 476:
Sensor date is out of date, we're not going to allow commanding of the base
for safety.

The subscribed topic is: [ INFO] 1271926474.239322000: Subscribed to Topics
(costmap_2d_ros): scan,
where scan is my topic name about sensor_msgs::LaserScan data. (I use an
sick522, I published scan data using sicktoolbox_wrapper node).

Besides, I'm able to visualize all sensor data and tf stream using rviz as
well, so I've some trouble to recognize the cause of my problem.

I'm using also:
-amcl node;
-map server node;
-driver for my platform ( cmd_vel and publish pose messages
(nav_msgs::Odometry).
-Another node that publish tf data.

Anybody could tell me where I can check for resolve this problem?

Thank you!

Enea Scioni