[ros-users] Camera_calibration Error: Stereo calibration

Adam Stambler adasta at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 21:50:45 UTC 2010

Hello Folks,

I am using boxturtle to do stereo calibration.  I have been running the
cameracalibrator.py node with no trouble up until the point where it needs
to calibrate.  When I hit the green calibrate button, and it outputs this
error message:

epipolar error: 0.740361764685
OpenCV Error: Assertion failed (src.type() == dst.type() && dst.size() ==
mapx.size()) in cvRemap, file
/home/asher/ros/stacks/vision_opencv/opencv2/build/opencv-svn/src/cv/cvimgwarp.cpp,
line 3083
Exception in thread Thread-9:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 525, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "./cameracalibrator.py", line 59, in run
    self.function(m)
  File "./cameracalibrator.py", line 233, in handle_stereo
    lscrib = self.c.lremap(lrgb)
  File
"/home/asher/ros/stacks/image_pipeline/camera_calibration/src/camera_calibration/calibrator.py",
line 407, in lremap
    cv.Remap(src, r, self.lmapx, self.lmapy)
error: src.type() == dst.type() && dst.size() == mapx.size()

I am a bit flummoxed by the error as the arguments to lremap all seem to be
OK.  Is there some way I could be making a mistake in setting up the
calibrator?

Have other people had this problem with the current revision of boxturtle?

Thank you for the help and guidance,
Adam Stambler