[ros-users] slam_gmapping: extracting pose history

Ivan Dryanovski ivan.dryanovski at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 17:26:52 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have the slam_gmapping package up an running. I am trying to extract
the full, slam-corrected pose history of the robot at any given point
during the mapping process. I know that gmapping node publishes a map
→ odom transform. My initial guess was to just take the transorms in
chronological order to reconstruct the pose history. However, to my
understanding, the published transform is for the current best
particle. When a resampling occurs and the current best particle
changes, the transforms published so far will become irrelevant. Is
there any way to get around that, or am I misinterpreting the way that
the gmapping package works?

Thanks,

Ivan Dryanovski