[ros-users] robot_pose_ekf /vo input units

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 00:39:34 UTC 2010

We are trying to feed gps data into the ekf's /vo topic, and I have seen the
tutorial for swapping visual odometry out for gps, but I haven't been able
to find the units for x, y, z pose in the that Odometry msg.  I have poked
around in the source a bit, and I haven't been able to find any clues to the
units, though I imagine it is displacement in meters or something similar.
 Our gps outputs lat, long, altitude which we need to translate, obviously,
but I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the specific units the ekf
is expecting.

Thanks,

William Woodall
Undergraduate Software Engineering