[ros-users] Publishing a Costmap

arun kumar arun.sriram2008 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 16:23:28 UTC 2010

Hey,

    I am trying to create a costmap using the COstmap_2d::Costmap2dros
wrapper. I have all the proper parameters set up for the map and I have a
pointer that points to the map that is created. I also do COstmap->start
after I initialise the costmap. But, the costmap that I create doesnt seem
to be publishing anything like the Inflated Obstacles or the Free space etc.
DO I have to do some other stuff to get the costmap to publish this
information?  Also, how can I check to see if the map is correctly being
initialised? Thanks for your help..

Arun