[ros-users] image_proc doesn't work with camera1394

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 02:53:16 UTC 2010

Hi Dejan,

I think I did about the same as you the first time. I had no idea what
to do with that ost.txt file, as the format didn't match anything I
was familiar with. Since the camera1394 driver provides that info
manager class, I used the upload functionality of
camera_calibration/cameracalibrator.py (or whichever is in the
monocular calibration tutorial). This saved a file to the /tmp
directory that was called something like
calibration_<camera_node_name>.yaml or something similar. I then
copied that file to the directory in my launch file and loaded it into
the driver.

As Jack mentioned, there may be issues with setting the
camera_info_manager/url parameter before you do the calibration. I
didn't try that method and just allowed it to save to /tmp, which
worked out just fine for me.

- Eric