[ros-users] Digital Camera 1394 in ROS?

Blaise Gassend blaise at willowgarage.com
Thu Apr 1 16:08:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 08:43 +0200, Dejan Pangercic wrote:
> Hi Josh,
> > For it to show up in rviz it needs the CameraInfo -- otherwise you might as
> > well just use image_view.
> >

> >> The rviz doc seems to say it needs CameraInfo, but does not mention
> >> which color encodings it supports.
> So, is rviz then supposed to show an undistorted image?
> Quick test would hint at this not being the case.
> D.

Rviz doesn't do the rectification, you would have to use image_proc to
do that. I believe that Rviz assumes that you are pointing at a
rectified image and uses the camera_info so that it can place a
synthetic view of the robot on top of the camera image. So Rviz uses the
projection matrix, but not the distortion parameters. (Please do not
consider this statement as authoritative.)