[ros-users] non-fully-qualified frame_id

Josh Faust jfaust at willowgarage.com
Fri Apr 2 17:02:23 UTC 2010

> Ok, I think I made some progress on this problem. I guess overlooked the
> tf_prefix thing somehow. It looks like both
> fake_localization and gazebo_ros_diffdrive are not setup to use tf_prefix
> for their broadcasted transforms (odom and
> base_footprint respectively). So I did modify them to use tf_prefix and
> looking at tf topic I see that everything is as
> expected and I also don't get the warning about non-fully-qualified
> frame_ids.

The transform broadcaster is supposed to be resolving with the tf_prefix
automatically -- if it's not that's likely a bug.

> But then in rviz the robot_model can't be shown, since rviz tries to get
> transforms for frames that are taken from
> robot_description parameter on param server and these are not prefixed. Is
> there something I am doing wrong?

You currently also need to set the tf_prefix parameter for rviz.  1.1 will
contain a TF Prefix option for the Robot Model display that lets you view
multiple robots at once.

Josh