[ros-users] Detecting Glass Walls

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 21:33:44 UTC 2010

If only I thought we could get away with some tape on the glass... :)
Sadly, one of the large areas of glass we are worried about is the
entrance to the department office and basically just glass, floor to
ceiling, probably at least 10 feet wide and no posts in that zone,
just a couple of glass doors with hefty hinges near the floor and
ceiling.

I hadn't thought about a clear IR reflective coating... it would work
for the tour guide, but not for a few other projects that could use
glass detection in arbitrary indoor environments. Thanks for the
suggestion - I'll definitely take a look into it.

- Eric