[ros-users] problems with image_transport and remap

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 16:10:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Patrick Beeson <beeson.p at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jack O'Quin wrote:
>> The way I've been approaching this is to set the node name to the
>> camera name, so the topics become /left/camera/image_raw, etc. That's
>> fine with roslaunch, but less convenient with rosrun. This should
>> work:
>>
>>  $ rosrun camera1394 camera1394 camera1394:=left
>>

> My understanding, is that from ROS >0.9, 'remap' (or ':=' in rosrun)
> *should* replace a string ant any level of the namespace, not just the
> top level.  Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

I believe it does. I probably messed this up for you a while back when
I changed the node name logic in the driver. For compatibility, I
publish camera/image_raw relative to the driver node name.

By contrast, the wge100 driver publishes image_raw relative to a node
handles set to:

    camera_node_handle_(nh.resolveName("camera")),
    camera_node_handle_alt_(nh.resolveName("camera_alternate")),

This may make a difference in how remapping works. I am still trying
to completely understand this stuff.
--
 joq