[ros-users] naming of cameras

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 16:41:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Blaise Gassend <blaise at willowgarage.com> wrote:
>> I do need a camera name to use, but it sounds like overloading the
>> node name was not a good idea.

CameraInfoManager uses the base part of the node name for a default
camera name. I intend to pass that as a parameter to the constructor,
instead. Still TODO.

The camera name is required by camera_calibration_parsers and is
sometimes used to construct a file name for saving CameraInfo data.

No big deal, just some messy details. Decoupling CameraInfoManager
from the node name is clearly right, and intended all along.
--
 joq