[ros-users] Dynamic Texture Loading in RVIZ, Dynamic Textures using OGRE

Osiloke Emoekpere osiloke_e at skuuled.com
Tue Apr 6 08:10:18 UTC 2010

Hey,
I actually got it working. The problem, i think, was due to inter thread
processes. I had one thread process and produce
an image, which it received from a service, and pass it to another thread
containing the ROSImageTexture.(i'm still grasping
the underlying processes that occur in ROS)

I was thinking of a situation where there are 100's of markers
in the scene with unique textures. I did not want each texture receiving a
constant stream of images (like how ROSImageTexture
was set up). So i just hacked ROSImageTexture to make service calls to
retrieve images.

Thanks for your help