[ros-users] camera_calibration

Patrick Mihelich mihelich at willowgarage.com
Tue Apr 6 21:46:18 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Patrick Beeson <beeson.p at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I just checked and I am actually using the trunk, not latest.
> The problem is that I'm getting large rotational values, and I'm only
> ever seeing a horizontal offset in T (top right value in projection
> matrix) as non-zero, even though the cameras are at slightly different
> heights.  I can send the saved tar.gz file that contains the images used
> and the ost.txt created if it helps.

Yes, can you send me the output tar.gz file or post it online somewhere?

The projection matrix describes projection into rectified image coordinates,
where the rotation matrices have already been applied to make the left and
right images aligned with each other. In those idealized coordinates, the
baseline is purely horizontal, so you shouldn't see any vertical offset in
the projection matrices.

- Patrick