[ros-users] camera_calibration

Patrick Beeson beeson.p at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 14:52:34 UTC 2010

Yes, I am using the correct checkerboard.  I am doing everything
correctly.  I am knee deep in the calibrator.py source, and everything
looks good after the StereoCalibrate() command -- the rotation and
translation between the two cameras seems reasonable (rotation close to
I, translation on the right scale).  It seems to be after the
set_alpha() call where the final projection matrices end up with HUGE
numbers for focal length (tens of thousands), and the rotation matrices
have unexpected off diagonal components.