[ros-users] robot_state_publisher

Wim Meeussen meeussen at willowgarage.com
Wed Apr 7 20:07:23 UTC 2010

Ugo,

> The urdf model which doesn't work contained two links and a joint.

Your urdf model is correct. There is a handy tool in the urdf package
to visualize a urdf xml file. Try: "rosrun urdf urdf_to_graphiz
my_urdf.xml". This will create a pdf file with the urdf tree.

> I tried it once more and I don't get a warning in the rxconsole.

When I run it, I do get the warning. Make sure you start up your
roscore and rxconsole _before_ launching the robot state publisher.

However, since your urdf contained two links, the robot state
publisher should not have warned. There was actually a problem in the
robot state publisher, caused by the difference in link counting by
the urdf and kdl. I fixed this problem, and pushed out the 1.0.2
release of the robot_model stack. Check out the change list
<http://www.ros.org/wiki/robot_model/ChangeList>.

Wim

Wim Meeussen
Willow Garage Inc.